Thursday 17 September 2009

What is Santa bringing this year?

So with back to school over and everyone back into the swing of things, it is time for me to start thinking about what Top Ender and Baby Boy would like for Christmas from the man who dresses in red and comes down the chimney.

Santa

Santa looks rather happy in this photo taken outside the TV studios last December doesn't he?

In our house Santa brings gifts that are left upstairs under the trees in our rooms and in the stockings left on our bedroom door handles. He brings things like colouring books, hairbands, one or two toys, a few sweets, new underwear, a new Christmas outfit and all the bargains that I scour everywhere throughout the year for he has his elves search for. I think he gets a good deal.

All the gifts from us and friends and family and other magical creatures (chocolate monster who brings chocolate and The Christmas fairy who brings gold packages tied up with rainbow ribbon, surely you have read The Rainbow Magic Fairy series?) are under the tree in the Living room.Christmas gifts under a tree on Christmas Morning

Red gifts are Top Enders, Blue gifts are for Baby Boy - No tags or reading skills needed! And I know I said under the tree, but they kind of spread out down the room.

After a toy launch that we went to the other day however Top Ender is now asking Santa for Harumika from Bandai. Harumika from Bandai

Looks good huh? Pink and purple packaging appeals to the child in me!

I must admit that I was a little dubious about it, as toys like this get put to one side until I am able to help Top Ender because I am worried about her cutting things (I cut my hair when I was her age, with blunt green witch scissors) and she likes me to make sure things look good before she glues them down. But we went along to see what it was all about.

I changed my mind as soon as I held the mannequin because, in my humble Mummy opinion, this is the fashion toy to get for the budding Vivienne Westwood or Stella McCartney, because no needles, thread, glue or scissors are required!

There is a slot rather like a letterbox on the back of the mannequin. This slot has a silicon flap that the fabric is pushed into (using the spatula that is in the pack) and it holds the fabric in place (Genius!) and then there are stickers, gemstones and belts that you can add on to further customise your design.

Joanne over at Parent Dish was there with her nine year old daughter (she was very polite by the way Joanne!) and this toy appealed to both of them and they were both listening intently to the instructions of how to make some celebrity styles on the mannequin.

Top Ender was in heaven and made this Miley Cyrus inspired outfit;Miley Cyrus inspired Harumika outfit

and this Cheryl Cole inspired mini dress;Cheryl Cole inspired Harumika outfit

and this which is her own design for a evening gownTop Enders own inspired Harumika outfit

So Santa if you are reading this, they are on sale in John Lewis and all good toy stores and the starter pack is only £19.99... unless of course you are the winner of our first ever competition!

That's right I have a set to give away! To be in with a chance of winning this fab prize, just answer a simple question, the answer to which can be found somewhere in this post!

And now for the important bit I shall put all entries into a big hat and Top Ender or Daddy shall draw out the winner on the 1st of October and we shall post the winners name here and email them too!

Oh and please leave a comment after this post, so that I know you have entered and if you don't already subscribe to my RSS feed or follow me then consider doing that too and whilst I am in the mood click here to vote for me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment